About Seattle Christian School
Seattle Christian Schools was founded in 1946 by parents and friends, who prayerfully sought Christian education for their children. SCS was the first evangelical interdenominational Christian school in Western Washington. The school’s first 18 students attended classes in the Ravenna neighborhood of Seattle in the basement of a church. Two years later the school relocated to Georgetown, where it served students and their families for the next 18 years.
In 1966, the school moved to a campus in the City of SeaTac near the airport. As airplane traffic expanded, the SCS School Board accepted an offer from the Port of Seattle to purchase the old school.
In 1997, Seattle Christian was blessed with a 13 acre K-12 campus on Military Road. Our schools were built to serve 750 students, with a beautiful gymnasium for athletics and physical education classes, auditorium and music rooms for our department of arts. Our campus includes athletic fields for baseball, softball and soccer fields along with a large covered play area for recess. In recent years, funds from our SCS auctions have purchased multi-media carts for every classroom, computer labs for our technology classes and state of the art sound systems for our gymnasium and auditorium.
Through God’s abundant blessing, the SCS campus is mortgage free. Even with the recent economic downturn, SCS has operated on a balanced budget with no reductions in any of our student programs. The school is blessed with a Christ-honoring Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, Spiritual Life Committee, Education Committee and Parent Teacher Fellowship.