S.A.L.T. (Serving and Laboring Together)
S.A.L.T. (Serving and Laboring Together) is a program established by the Parent Teacher Fellowship to enhance parent involvement at Seattle Christian School. The goal of S.A.L.T. is to provide parents with opportunities to serve and honor the Lord by helping to meet the needs of the SCS community. Below are some helpful guidelines for the S.A.L.T. program at SCS:
- Each family is required to serve 20 hours each school year. Parents also have the option of paying a fee of $15 per hour if they are unable to serve the 15 hours. S.A.L.T. hours may be served by parents/guardians or grandparents of SCS students.
- Specific S.A.L.T. hour opportunities will also be communicated through individual classroom newsletters and in school-wide communications as needed.
- SALT hours for the current school year must be completed by March 31 and submitted online by April 15 of each school year. SALT hours for the current school year may be submitted from April 1 of the previous school year through March 31 of the current school year.
- All S.A.L.T. hours must be submitted online through Track it Forward. Parents are expected to monitor their S.A.L.T. hour balance.
- We ask the each family shares one account/login in order to track the hours better. Multiple accounts for the same family may be inactivated and removed by the school.
- SALT hours may only be completed by Parents, Guardians, and/or Grandparents. More information is provided in the Parent Student Handbook under the “Parent Involvement” section. If you have questions, please contact Coleen DelMar in the Business Office.
On your first visit to the Track it Forward site use the Sign-Up link and enter your account information. Please keep a record of your username and password for the Track it Forward site, as the school does not have access to this information.
Click on the Track It Forward button to proceed to the site and report your volunteer hours.
SCS Volunteer Procedures
SCS is eager and excited to have volunteers serving on campus! Thank you for considering ways to give of your time and talents to Seattle Christian School.
School volunteers are required to maintain the highest level of professionalism while working in partnership with the Seattle Christian community. All SCS volunteers must complete the school’s Volunteer Disclosure Form to be considered for volunteering for classroom assistance, field trips, clubs, athletics, or other school-sponsored activities. Volunteer Disclosure Forms are submitted to the Human Resources department for completion of the Washington State Patrol WATCH background check. Upon receipt of an acceptable WATCH check, the volunteer and the appropriate school office will be notified and the individual may begin volunteering for the school. The school reserves the right to terminate any volunteer for breaching school policies or expectations, or for endangering the health or safety of students or staff.
In addition, the State of Washington requires the school to verify the vaccination status of all volunteers. This requirement states that if a person chooses not to get vaccinated, exemption forms can be submitted for medical or religious (ethical/moral) reasons. For additional information, please contact the Central Office.
Upon receipt of an acceptable WATCH check and vaccination status information, the volunteer and the appropriate school office will be notified and the individual may begin volunteering for the school.
The school reserves the right to terminate any volunteer for breaching school policies or expectations, or for endangering the health or safety of students or staff. The acceptance and utilization of the services of any person on a voluntary basis will be at the discretion of the school, and the utilization of such services may be discontinued by the school at any time.