One way to help pay for college is to apply for scholarships. Besides scholarships offered through your college, there are local and national scholarships that you can research and apply for too. Most are for seniors, but keep your eye out for some available to other high school grades.
At the bottom of this page, you can find a list of current scholarship opportunities sent to SCS. Here are links to aid in finding other scholarship opportunities:
- Tips and links on where to find college scholarships
- TheWashBoard (connects Washington students with Washington scholarship providers)
- Washington State need, merit and workforce-based financial aid programs (Washington Opportunity Pathways)
Also take time to research scholarships on your own. Here are additional resources to help you find and apply for scholarships:
- How to apply for scholarships
- The School Counselor’s presentation on Creating a Scholarship Search Plan (from Junior/Senior Parent Night)
There are also scholarship resources in the SCS College & Career Center (S50). Stop to look for scholarships in the College Board’s Scholarship Handbook, get tip sheets on applying for scholarships and requesting letters of recommendation, and more!