WOIS/The Career Information System provides all SCS students in grades 7-12 with access to:
- An electronic portfolio where you can save your career research and keep track of your work/community experience and school activities (helpful for college applications)
- Career assessment tools that can help you understand your strengths and interests and how those relate to both general occupations and specific careers
- Linked career, educational program and postsecondary school information to help you identify the best college path to help you reach your career goals
- Military occupation descriptions
To access WOIS:
1. Go to www.wois.org
2. Login with SCS’s Site Key (see the School Counselor).
3. Click on Create a New Portfolio in the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Read the Security and Privacy information and click Next.
5. Read the Getting Started Information and click Next.
6. If you are over the age of 13, check the box that verifies you are over the age of 13, then click Next.
7. Complete the information to create your Portfolio. Create your personal User ID and Password for the Portfolio.
8. Once your portfolio is created, click Back to WOIS.
9. Start exploring!